Common "Mental Health" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Mental Health

Mental health is a condition of total emotional and mental well-being, not only the absence of mental health problems. Physical and psychological health are inextricably intertwined but undervalued. Constant mood swings, a profoundly entrenched emotion such as shame or denial, avoidance of social events, and disruption in the eat and sleep cycle are only a few indications of deteriorating mental health. Anger, anxiety, and depression are the most frequent mental illnesses. To sustain mental health, few might require simple routine changes such as healthy nutrition, goal-setting, working out, journaling, or any activity that offers calmness, whereas few require medical attention.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published on this website are written by verified Health and Wellness Experts and Therapists. The Content has been moderated by the iCliniq Content Review Team before publication. Post your health questions on iCliniq-Wellness by choosing the right Wellness Specialty and get them answered. Your queries will be answered 24/7 by top Wellness Experts from iCliniq-Wellness.

Can you share the mental health benefits of exercising?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 25-year-old female. What are the proven mental health benefits of engaging in regular exercise? I am interested in understanding how various forms of exercise, such as cardio, strength training, or yoga, can positively influence mental well-being. Additionally, are there specific re...  Read Full »

Bhanushali Sonali Suresh Tara

Answer: Hi, Welcome to We will pay close attention to your worries and address all your questions with utmost care. First, do not make drastic lifestyle changes or follow a restricted diet that you cannot sustain. But if you are trying to achieve sustainable healthy living, then follow the b...  Read Full »

I often experience depression. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 30-year-old male who obtained a bachelor's degree in software engineering. My issue is that I often experience depression. Even minor failures trigger feelings of depression, and I am overly sensitive to small events. I perceive myself as having fewer mental skills than others. I...  Read Full »

Mehwish Mursaleen

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I completely understand that you feel concerned about your lack of skills, which makes you disturbed and vulnerable to the fear of failure. The probable causes may be depressive symptoms stemming from past negative experiences in life. I suggest you undergo IQ (inte...  Read Full »

How to cope when a sibling is seriously ill?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a brother who is sick since a month. I am feeling very helpless without him and I am deprived of sleep. I keep thinking about him the whole day. How can I overcome this situation?   Read Full »

Arooj Maqsood Ahmed Warraieh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to The pain of near ones makes you feel helpless. This weakens your strength somehow. Symptoms like lack of sleep, disturbance, and tension occur when you feel stressed for any reason. But you have to be strong for your brother. If you feel low, he will become worse and ...  Read Full »

How can a married woman concentrate on studies?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old, married. My problem is that I am unable to concentrate on studies as I want to appear for exams in the coming year. Every month is getting wasted. Please help me out. I will be very thankful to you as it is a do or die situation for me.  Read Full »

Arooj Maqsood Ahmed Warraieh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Thanks for your query. I understand that focusing on high-level studies is often difficult. Since you are married, you did not mention your routine activities. Because in order to suggest something it is important to manage your time.Time management is difficult to un...  Read Full »

I cannot study properly as I find it hard to concentrate. What to do if I am stressed?

Query: Hi doctor, My university exams are near, and I cannot study properly as I find it hard to concentrate. I also have a lot of relationship issues going on in my life, and everything is putting me stressed. I want a psychotherapist to help me get over all the stress. If I get my exams cleared, I can de...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I can understand your situation. You must concentrate on your future. Move on from your relationship. Give priority to your exam. Do not waste or give time for your relationship matter. You must take the help of your seniors and colleague for exam preparation. Read wit...  Read Full »

I have severe mood swings and feel depressed. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have severe mood swings. I am also depressed. I prefer to have a monk-like life. I want to travel around the world. I cannot bear the pain of animals on the streets. I was diagnosed with chronic kidney disease six months back. But I have had mood swings for the last six years after the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. In my opinion, a change in medication along with non-pharmacological methods is required. As far as medicines are concerned, I suggest increasing the dose of the tablet Nexito (SSRI) as the dose you take is insufficient. You can also discuss ad...  Read Full »

How to overcome my arrogance when someone opposes my point of view?

Query: Hi doctor,I get stress when someone opposes my point of view, thoughts, or ideas. I give an arrogant irrelevant reply and move away from the place. I am not happy in my home. I feel that everything should happen according to my opinion. Please help.  Read Full »

Prathi Priya. P

Answer: Hi,Welcome to are ways you can relax yourself from stress like cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT). Before that, I would like to know in which aspects and situations are you having a difference of opinion? Please elaborate on what kind of an issue you are facing in which you cannot...  Read Full »

My cousin complains about her looks and gets excited or starts crying suddenly. Is it normal?

Query: Hello doctor, My cousin keeps complaining about her looks. She says she does not look beautiful, but her sisters are beautiful. She is nice sometimes but suddenly starts crying or gets very excited. I keep telling my family members that she is undergoing some issue that needs to be sorted out, but n...  Read Full »

Prathi Priya. P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Firstly your cousin is degrading herself because of her appearance. So yes, she needs professional help. It would help if you took her for psychological counseling so that you can help your cousin to solve her issue. Thank you.  Read Full »

I am 30-year-old male concerned about the delay in involving in intercourse before marriage. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 30-year-old male and I have been in a relationship with my girlfriend for the past four years. After a month of dating, she told me that she is a virgin and not open to intercourse. Later, in the relationship, she mentioned that we can involve in intercourse only after the weddin...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello,Welcome to can understand your concern.I can understand that it would have been difficult for you to deal with it. It is your age wanting to involve in intercourse, and every relationship needs it.I suggest you ask your partner directly about it and solve the issue. If she is rea...  Read Full »

Can a personality disorder make you not react to other people?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old. I want to ask about something. This is a psychological question. I am having this problem for years. I am very closed up. I do not tell my stuff to any people around me. I do not feel pity for anyone. I do not have sympathy or pain. I do not cry or feel angry when an...  Read Full »

Sibananda Mishra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to As a human being, you should have feelings or emotions such as good or bad, and happy or sad. We must laugh or cry for sometime in a day. It is required for our good health. Without emotion, man is motionless. We need to laugh or cry for some time. Sometimes, we are ang...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Wellness Expert Online

Choose a Specialty
* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.