This quarantine season caused me to lose weight from 48 kg to 44 kg in three months. I am already underweight. My height is 165 cm, and weight is 44 kg. My BMI is 16.2. I had my thyroid hormone levels checked and it is within the normal range. Blood sugar levels are also normal. I think my weight loss was primarily due to stress since I tended to skip meals and not enjoy my food.
I am trying to eat on time. I want to ask for your diet and exercise recommendations, so I can healthily gain weight. I am taking vitamin supplements now.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
For weight gain, try to increase your meal protein content.
1. Include cheese, skim milk powder, nuts, greek yogurt, etc.
2. If you are eggetarian, you can include two eggs daily in your meal, alternatively include peanut butter.
3. Try to have healthy one-pot meals instead of varieties.
4. Include protein-rich snacks in the form of shakes or some roasted beans or a cup of fruit yogurt.
5. If non-vegetarian, then include baked or grilled fish, chicken, or meat alternatively in your diet.
6. You can also have whey protein or pea protein powder in the form of shakes after a workout. Add one teaspoon of roasted flaxseed powder to it.
7. Go for resistance training or muscle gain exercise.
Keep in touch for further doubts.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
Hi doctor, I am a 19 year old second year MBBS student. I have been suffering from central headaches for the past two years. It is progressing in frequency and intensity. It increases on bending, sneezing and straining. It is mild to moderate in int... Read fullHow to Reduce Cholesterol Level?
.. cholesterol in your blood? If yes, you are unhealthy. This article helps you in managing cholesterol .. ... Read fullI have weakness, weight gain and fluctuating BP with TSH level of 6. Please help.
I am having many problems like weakness, gaining weight, dizziness, trembling, back pain, and waist pain ... These medicines which you mentioned are also partially responsible for the weight gai... Read full
Ask your health query to a Wellness Expert online?Ask a Dietician Now