What Is Stress?
Stress is mostly defined as any type of change that causes physical, emotional, or psychological changes or strains. In stress, the body responds to anything that requires attention or action and releases some hormones. Everyone experiences stress to some degree. However, how an affected person responds to stress makes a big difference to their overall well-being.
What Are the Types of Stress?
There are two main types of stress:
Acute Stress - It is referred to as short-term stress that goes away quickly. Individuals may feel it when they slam on the brakes, have a fight with their partner, or experience some situational changes. It helps the body manage dangerous situations. It also occurs when an individual does something exciting. All people have suffered from acute stress at one time or another.
Chronic Stress - It can be defined as stress that lasts for a longer period of time. An affected individual may have chronic stress if they have some financial, relationship, or work-related problems. Any type of stress that goes on for weeks or months is chronic stress.
How Does the Body React to Stress?
In most cases of stressful situations, the body starts releasing hormones which may lead to increased palpitations and sweating, or it may react in other ways.
Following are the health-related problem associated with stress:
What Are the Ways to De-stress Yourself at Weekends?
Life is too short to be in stressful situations. It is always better to overcome all the problems that may harm a person’s personal and professional life. Meanwhile is very important to maintain a work-life balance so that there will be enough time that person needs to spend with their family, friends, and especially with themselves. After spending five days at work and getting all drained out, weekends feel like a blessing and help to revive a person to get back to their life.
Following are a few ways that can help a person enjoy and de-stress at the weekend:
1) Read a Novel: If a person is really fond of books and loves to read, spending time reading some romantic or thrilling novel along with a cup of hot coffee would be a great choice for refreshing an individual's mind.
2) Go for a Head Massage or a Full Body Massage: Going for a head massage or a relaxing body massage will not only improve blood circulation but also free a person from the tension and stress that they face during the entire week while working.
3) Spend Time with Your Family: The weekend is the best time to spend some quality time with family and close relatives. People can go to a movie together or visit a close relative's house and spend some time with them for a quick brunch. This is the perfect time to build a relationship with the family, close ones, and relatives.
4) Exercise: Do not ignore health when it comes to enjoying the weekend. Indulge yourself in some sport like playing football or basketball, or go for a quick walk. A person can even hit the gym and do some cardio or strength training exercises or can go to watch a sport with friends or family.
5) Go out for a Meal with Your Family: Due to work and a hectic schedule, people barely get time to have a meal together with their family. Weekends are the best time to spend time with the family over lunch or dinner. Everyone can relish their favorite dish.
6) Visit an Orphanage or Old Age Home: As a community, a person can decide and get together to visit an orphanage or old age home and conduct some interesting programs for children and spend some quality time with older people and get some wise words which may help and see life in a different way.
7) Do Meditation: Meditation is one of the best ways to let go of all the negativity from the body and also helps them to clear up all the disturbing thoughts which may trouble a person’s well-being. It aids in dealing with stress and helps to gain some physical fitness.
8) Do a Manicure, Pedicure, or Facial: Grooming oneself and self-care is very important to improve one's self-esteem. A person can go for a manicure and pedicure and keep their body clean. They can apply their favorite nail polish. Getting a facial is also a good idea for a weekend.
9) Listen to Music: According to many studies, music has many stress-relieving benefits on one's health. Do not forget to listen to some soothing music, especially at the weekend, to relieve the stress caused by working the entire week. An affected person could also dance to their favorite music.
10) Play Your Favorite Musical Instrument: If a person has some interest or knows how to play an instrument, they are really lucky in terms of relieving their stress at the weekend by playing an instrument like a guitar or a piano. An affected person can even learn to play on a weekend if it is really their passion.
Stress or other mental problems require some help, and it is not a disease. It is just a phase of life through which one or another person has gone through. It is very important to give some attention to mental health. Weekends are the best ways to get relief from stressful or professional work or relationship situations. The best way to relieve stress is to opt or keep oneself busy with some work that may help and build new joys in life. If a person is still suffering from stress-related problems, he should seek professional help.
Frequently Asked Questions