Viral Esophagitis - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
4 min read
Viral esophagitis refers to any inflammation, irritation, or swelling of the esophagus caused by viruses. Read further.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Esophagitis Be Caused By Viruses?
Is Viral Esophagitis A Painful Condition?
How Long Will It Take for Viral Esophagitis to Go Away?
Will a Person Recover From Viral Esophagitis?
Is Esophagitis A Lifelong Condition?
How Fast Can Esophagitis be Cured?
- For infectious esophagitis, antimicrobial medication is given.
- For reflux esophagitis, over-the-counter drugs like antacids, prescription drugs like proton pump inhibitors, or severe surgical intervention are needed.
- For drug-induced esophagitis, alternative medication is given.
- For eosinophilic esophagitis, proton pump inhibitors, steroids, and monoclonal antibodies are given.
Can Esophagitis Be Cancerous?
What Are the Different Stages of Esophagitis?
- Stage 1 (Mild GERD)- In this stage, acid reflux is minimal and occurs once or twice a month. Over-the-counter medications and lifestyle modifications are the treatment options.
- Stage 2 (Moderate GERD)- In this stage, symptoms are more frequent, and the patient requires acid reflux medications.
- Stage 3 (Severe GERD)- In this stage, the patient experiences painful symptoms and requires treatment by a GERD specialist.
- Stage 4 (Reflux-induced precancerous lesion or cancer)- This stage is the most severe after-effect of long-term reflux and may lead to esophageal cancer.
Can Esophagitis Be a Risk for COVID?
What to Eat if a Person Has Esophagitis?
Can Esophagitis Be Detected In Blood Tests?
Can Esophagitis Be Cured Permanently?
What Natural Remedies Can Heal Esophagitis?
- Acupuncture- Acupuncture, when used alone or along with other remedies, is effective for treating heartburn.
- Diaphragmatic Breathing - Diaphragmatic breathing, also called belly breathing, helps in reducing acid reflux.
- Licorice- Licorice increases mucus production and protects the esophageal lining from digestive acid.
- Turmeric- Curcumin in turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties that protect the esophageal lining.
At What Age Is Esophagitis Common?
How To Know if the Esophagus Is Damaged?
- Difficulty and pain while swallowing.
- Acid regurgitation.
- Chest pain (beneath the breastbone).
- A feeling of food stuck in the chest after swallowing.
- Bleeding may lead to the darkening of stool.
Gurvits Syndrome - Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
Most popular articles
Do you have a question on
*guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Disclaimer: Wellness medicine is not aimed to replace the services of your treating physician or allopathy medicines. Our site's information is to those who are willing to take responsibility for their health, being fully aware that the content published herein would not qualify as a prescription or specific medical advice. If users use the information and stop prescribed medication without their physician's consent, they bear full responsibility for their actions, and iCliniq-Wellness bears no responsibility for the same. Information on Wellness medicine should not be misinterpreted as a cure for any illness, as our body is complex and everyone reacts differently.