iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersPsychologist/ Counselormental healthCan a personality disorder make you not react to other people?

I do not cry or get angry when someone tries to make me angry. Is it a personality disorder?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Answered by

Sibananda Mishra

Medically reviewed by

Dr. Sneha Kannan

Published At September 9, 2020
Reviewed AtDecember 13, 2023

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I am 20 years old. I want to ask about something. This is a psychological question. I am having this problem for years. I am very closed up. I do not tell my stuff to any people around me. I do not feel pity for anyone. I do not have sympathy or pain. I do not cry or feel angry when anyone tries to make me angry. I just leave them as such and my mother says to me that I am abnormal. Is it a sign of personality disorder? I do not feel nervous when I have a situation to face. But I had a breakdown once. I lashed out and cried a lot. After that, I was like nothing happened.

Answered by Sibananda Mishra


Welcome to icliniq.com.

As a human being, you should have feelings or emotions such as good or bad, and happy or sad. We must laugh or cry for sometime in a day. It is required for our good health. Without emotion, man is motionless. We need to laugh or cry for some time. Sometimes, we are angry or depressed or having pleasant feelings. During the sad moment or a dealth of somebody, we must feel sad as we have lost somebody. It is a normal tendency to be present in a person. You can learn this from your parents or close frineds.

The Probable causes

You can have an imbalance in the body and the doctor needs to identify the lack of hormones in the body.

Investigations to be done

Your doctor needs to do full health up.

Differential diagnosis

You can have a psychiatric problem.

Probable diagnosis

You can have a psychiatric problem with an imbalance in the body.

Treatment plan

Have a full body check-up soon.

Preventive measures

You need to show your emotions in presence of others.

Regarding follow up

Have a check-up with the doctor and a psychologist. Have a follow-up soon.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Sibananda Mishra
Sibananda Mishra

Psychologist/ Counselor

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a Wellness Expert online

Psychologist/ Counselor

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy