iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersPsychologist/ CounselordepressionPlease help me get over my breakup.

Had a breakup. Please help me come out of my feeling.

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At July 31, 2016
Reviewed AtNovember 30, 2023

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I am a 25-year-old male and my problem is that I loved a girl and now she moved away from me. She rejected my proposal. Now, I am getting suicide ideas. Please help me to come out of this.

Answered by Mehwish Mursaleen


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I understand your feelings after losing your loved one. This is a natural human reaction to feeling depressed and low after a loss. We call this grief. You need grief management instantly or else your feelings can become intense and after two months of a similar condition, it may develop into a full-blown depressive episode. For this, consult a psychologist in person. Try to share your feelings with someone close to you, suppose a family member or a friend. Try to be around people, do not spend time alone as it can intensify your suicidal ideation. Try to keep yourself busy and distract yourself from such thoughts. Even if you will not feel like going out of your home, do go out with a friend or closed one. Find something to engage yourself in. It could be any activity you previously enjoyed. Try to suggest some positive thoughts and if you cannot focus, then just take a piece of paper to write it down. Do a relaxation exercise or deep breathing to calm down.

Thank you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Mehwish Mursaleen
Mehwish Mursaleen

Psychologist/ Counselor

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

depressionsuicidal ideations

Ask your health query to a Wellness Expert online

Psychologist/ Counselor

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy