Q. I am concerned about my wife's angry behavior. Please help.

Answered by
Kiran Lakhani
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on May 19, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 18, 2021

Hello doctor,

I am a 31 year old man. My wife also 31 years old. I have been in relationship with her for the last 8 to 9 years and out of which 3 years, we have been married. We have been in long distance relationship before we got married.

She is short tempered, and I know that as we know each other for long. But after marriage, when started living together, and if we have an argument any sort of that leads her to shouting, throwing stuffs, abusing, hitting, hurting herself and threatens to commit suicide. Whatever the argument is, it leads to the same.

I cannot even share this with someone else because I think that people might get her wrong. I know she had a troubled childhood as her father died when she was 6. It is going on, and now I am too much stressed out with her behavior. When she gets angry she tries to do a lot of stuffs like cutting herself and banging head on the wall.

I am worried if by chance any accidents will happen. I love her, and I do not know what do to. Please suggest me some way.



Welcome to

I have gone through what you have shared. I understand that you are going through a very tough time and concerned about your wife.

I understand you want to help her and which is very genuine. But with a case like this, unless the person wants help we cannot do much about it.

First, your wife has to understand that something is odd and she should be willing to get help. Once these two steps are done, then a professional psychologist can take it from there.

If she is willing, then you consult a psychologist. If she is not, then the first step is for you to calm down and try to understand her perspective.

I am sure you have been doing this for a long time. The idea is that she starts trusting you to show her ways to be calm.

Both of you can go for yoga or some meditation. This helps in calming the mind and some form of exercise, to release extra energy.

For further advice consult a psychologist counsellor online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
How to Manage Anger?

Following are specific anger management strategies that you must all follow: 1) Count from One to Ten Inside Your Mind: Yes, my dear friends, it is rightly said that counting forward and backwa...   Read full

How do I control my anger?

.. are describing sounds like intermittent explosive disorder which is an impulse control disorder. In it, there are explosive anger outbursts during which your anger makes you do and utter things which you repent after the episode. It is treated wit...   Read full

Postpartum Depression

Intense anger ...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

Also Read

Holi Colors - Are They Safe?
Holi is known as the festival of colors. But are the colors worth playing with? Let us find out.  Read more»
Onions - Nutrition, Health Benefits, and Side Effects
Onions are an imperative ingredient for most of the main course dishes. Read the article below to learn about them more.  Read more»
Benefits of Sudarshan Kriya Breathing Technique
Sudarshan kriya is a breathing exercise that connects the mind with the body through breathing. Read the article to know...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a Wellness Expert online?

Ask a Psychologist Counsellor Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.