My mother is 63 years old. Always, she wants to go out and buy new clothes. She is adamant and not listening to us. She is having medicine Serta 100, Donep and Sulpitac.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
I have read and completely understand that you are facing a hard time handling your mother.
The symptom you mentioned here are more likely suggest a disorganized behavior, which can be a part of psychotic disorders like schizophrenia.
Genetic and environmental factors, including family background and personality characteristics.Investigations to be done:
Confirmation of her diagnosis. Check the suitability of her medication.Differential diagnosis:
Psychotic disorder and dissociative fugue (reversible amnesia).Probable diagnosis:
1. Psychotic disorder.
2. Disorganized schizophrenia.
As she is already taking medicines, you need to follow these suggestions.
1. Ensure that she is not missing any dose of medicines and it should be a family member's responsibility to either give her medicines or keep check for proper medicine schedule.
2. Check with a psychiatrist to suggest if she is taking the right medicine. Because, when the symptoms do not recover it is sometimes necessary to change the medicines. You also need to provide all the medication history to the doctor and for how long she is taking these medications.
3. Go to a psychologist for her psychotherapy. She strongly needs guidance related to the management of disorganized behavior.
4. Complete a psychotherapy plan, because the behavioral treatment is mandatory for her along with medications until she gets adjusted in life.
5. Guidance to deal with your mother will also be provided to you and family members, which is the crucial part of psychological treatment. Ask for it from a psychologist.
Take psychological treatment as soon as possible along with revised medications as there is a likelihood of worsening her condition.
Once the psychotic disorder becomes uncontrollable, then it is very difficult for the patient and family members to cope with the condition. Therefore, early detection and treatment is strongly recommended.
For further doubts consult a psychologist counsellor online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychologist-counsellor
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
Can psychosis come back after stopping the medication ... After completing the drug treatment, relapse of psychosis can also occur ... Read fullI am hearing sound and voices. Is it auditory hallucinations?
.. when others are not hearing, hearing running commentaries or as if someone is talking about you could be due to auditory hallucinations. Auditory hallucinations are seen commonly in psychotic disorders. This should be treated on an emergent basis.... Read fullDr.K V Anand
PhD Psychology.,MSc Psychology.,MS Psychotherapy.,MD (AM) Read full
Also Read Answers From:
Ask your health query to a Wellness Expert online?Ask a Psychologist Counsellor Now