iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersNutritionistheight gainIs it possible to increase the height after 28 years of age?

How to increase my height by three to four inches after 28 years of age?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Answered by

Sumiya Sulthana

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At June 18, 2022
Reviewed AtJanuary 2, 2024

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

How to increase my height after 28 Years of age. I am 28 years old, and my height is 5.6'. I want to increase my height by at least three to four inches.

Thank you.

Answered by Sumiya Sulthana


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Thank you for posting your query.

You can opt for a call consultation. You need to accept that there is a growth in height, but it is slow, and we grow on fat and adipose tissue. Therefore, height increase is not observed. It is important to keep your weight on track and exercise, which helps height. I still need many details for proper medical intervention to provide a customized diet plan.

Till then, I suggest following these tips,

1) Increase protein intake, including almonds or walnuts, six daily pieces. Add vegetables, paneer, soya, tofu, chicken, and fish.

2) Include chia seeds and flax seeds.

3) Do follow some workout like basketball or swimming.

4) Increase fluid intake.

5) Sleep for eight to nine hours a night.

6) Manage stress with meditation.

7) Do breathing exercises.

8) Manage to follow small frequent meals.

9) Take a 2800 kcal diet (carbohydrates-50 %, protein-30 %, fat-20 %, and increase fiber intake up to 30 % of your diet).

10) If required, you might need to add supplement (height growth).

Thank you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Sumiya Sulthana
Sumiya Sulthana


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

exerciseheight gain

Ask your health query to a Wellness Expert online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy