iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersChiropractorheadacheI was involved in a car accident and hit my head on the steering wheel, and now I have headaches and muscular spasms. Kindly help.

How are headaches and muscle spasms treated after a car accident?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At September 23, 2023
Reviewed AtSeptember 23, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

In a car accident, I struck my head on the steering wheel. It still causes me to wake up, sleep with headaches, and experience terrible muscle spasms in my back and right shoulder, sometimes making breathing difficult. The muscles at the top of my right shoulder also knot up and feel swollen, like I am pulling something. Kindly help.

Answered by James F. Geiselman


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I read your query and can understand your concern.

After reading your question, I recommend seeing a chiropractor for your injuries. I worked in a private practice personal injury clinic for over a year, and the damages you describe are what I treated daily. Based on your description of injuries, it sounds as though you have a whiplash injury. I do not know the specifics of your accident, but your insurance will likely pay for your care. My recommendation is to go to a local chiropractor for an exam. They will most likely recommend a trial of care. They should also recommend at-home exercises once you are no longer acute.

I hope I have answered your question.

Let me know if I can assist you further.


Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

James F. Geiselman
James F. Geiselman


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

muscle spasmheadache

Ask your health query to a Wellness Expert online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy