iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersPsychologist/ CounselordepressionI am a 29-year-old male suffering from depression due to work-related stress. How do I overcome it?

How can someone overcome work-related stress and depression?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Answered by

Prathi Priya. P

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At October 8, 2022
Reviewed AtOctober 8, 2022

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I am 29 years old and suffering from stress and depression. Whenever there is work pressure, I get depressed and cannot handle my moods. When anyone related to me gets sick I search about the condition on the internet and end up getting depressed, thinking it is cancer or more serious disorders. I got married recently, and I love my wife. However, this depression and mood disturbances ended in having a relationship with another girl, and I feel guilty about it.

Kindly help.

Thank you.

Answered by Prathi Priya. P


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I read your query and understand your concern.

Is your job stressful? Please mention the reason for it and what you are undergoing because of your job.

I suggest you take a counseling session with a specialist doctor and discuss your problems in detail.

Thank you.

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

Thank you for your response.

I had a breakup one year back, and I was completely down for 3 to 4 months. At that time, I could not concentrate on my work, which made me depressed at first; going on further, I had lots of problems with my colleagues too. This led to an extramarital relationship, but I also feel guilty because I am cheating on my wife.

What should I do?

Thank you.

Answered by Prathi Priya. P


Welcome back to icliniq.com.

You have mentioned that you are depressed about your job because of work pressure and your friend's behavior. You are also guilty that you are cheating on your wife.

First, you need to concentrate on reducing your depression. For that, you need to take some counseling sessions with a therapist. Practice some breathing exercises and expose yourself to nature by trekking or going for a walk. It will help you to reduce your depression, and you can take a counseling session to heal completely.

Thank you

Treatment plan

Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

default Img
Prathi Priya. P

Psychologist/ Counselor

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:


Ask your health query to a Wellness Expert online

Psychologist/ Counselor

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy