iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersChiropractorchiropractic adjustmentsCan you please review my cousin's MRI reports and suggest whether his problems can be cured with chiropractic therapy?

Kindly review the MRI reports and suggest the possibility of chiropractic treatment for pain in the right hand and shoulders.

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. K. Shobana

Published At January 12, 2023
Reviewed AtJanuary 31, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

My cousin has mild neck pain and severe pain in the right-hand shoulder. Other symptoms include numbness in the right-hand thumb finger and dizziness or a reeling sensation while he goes to bed or wakes up suddenly. He had visited an orthopedist, and they suggested for MRI scan. Please find the report and scans attached. I suggested consulting a chiropractor before starting any medicine as I recently had a good experience with chiropractic treatment. Can you please check the reports and tell if this problem can be cured with chiropractic therapy, or please suggest any treatment for further proceeding? Please let me know if you need any more details. Thank you.

Answered by James F. Geiselman


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I read your query and understand your concern. I have reviewed the attached reports (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). Let me begin with the MRI (magnetic resonance imaging). These are not diagnostic-quality images. Sorry I am not able to make a diagnosis. But there is a disc bulge appearance present in the images. As you may know, having a disc bulge on MRI does not always correlate to symptoms or severity and should always be confirmed clinically. I believe a trial of care is an appropriate first step before moving on to other forms of treatment. I would never tell a patient they would be cured of something like this, especially after viewing the images. However, it is entirely possible that he could see symptom relief. If he were my patient, I would perform a chiropractic examination and would most likely recommend chiropractic adjustments and exercises. I recommend consulting a local chiropractor for treatment and proper care. Thank you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

James F. Geiselman
James F. Geiselman


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

mrichiropractic adjustments

Ask your health query to a Wellness Expert online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy