HomeAnswersChiropractorback painHow to recover from my lower back pain and stiffness?

I have severe pain in the lower back region. Please suggest a remedy.


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. K. Shobana

Published At June 22, 2023
Reviewed AtJune 22, 2023

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I have severe pain in the lower back region. I have this problem for a few days. The pain is present only on the lower back just above the hips. I feel stiffness and pain in the lower back in the mornings. I have the pain radiating towards my upper spine when I squeeze the upper back muscles. After a few hours, my pain goes away and comes back again after a night sleep. I always do weightlifting at home. Please suggest a remedy.

Answered by Joshua Aaron Gomez


Welcome to icliniq.com.

You have a muscle spasm. Evaluate your sleeping conditions and ensure that you are sleeping on a supportive mattress that is not over seven years old. When sleeping on your back, place small support under the lower back and knees. You can use a small pillow or rolled towel. When resting on the side, keep a medium size pillow between your knees to keep your pelvis straight. Try sleeping on a heating pad. Do light lower back stretches every morning and every night in every direction.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Joshua Aaron Gomez
Joshua Aaron Gomez


Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Ask your health query to a Wellness Expert online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy