Even small things can make a mighty difference. Likewise, hand washing is a simple procedure that guards against many health issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is the Most Important Aspect of Hand Washing?
What Are the Five Reasons to Wash Your Hands?
- To prevent the spread of germs to others.
- To prevent diarrhea and other bacterial diseases.
- To keep oneself healthy and prevent any illness.
- To promote social etiquette and grooming.
- To handle food safely.
What Are the Types of Hand Washing?
- Social Hand Washing: This hand washing is usually done using soap and water. It helps clean the dirt and transient microorganisms on the skin. Social hand washing is usually done before eating, playing, using the washroom, and interacting with others.
- Antiseptic Hand Washing: It is more stringent than social hand washing. Antiseptic hand washing is generally preferred in a medical or healthcare facility. Antiseptic agents such as chlorhexidine and iodine are also used with hot water. This type of hand washing is effective in destroying the resident as well as the transient microorganisms.
- Surgical Hand Washing: This hand washing is used before sterile procedures such as surgery or invasive diagnostic procedures. The hands are scrubbed up to the elbow using an antiseptic detergent. Zero physical contact is ensured while and after hand washing. Sterile gloves are immediately donned after hand washing to prevent any contamination.
What Is a Medical Hand Wash?
Which Hand Wash Method Is Best?
What Is the First Step in Hand Washing?
What Are the Three Elements of Hand Washing?
What Is Hand Hygiene?
How Long Should the Handwashing Process Take?
What Are the Goals of Hand Washing?
What Is the WHO Guideline on Hand Hygiene?
When Washing Hands What Should Be the Temperature of Water?
Why Is Warm Water Used in Handwashing?
- It lathers soap better and ensures the spread throughout the hand.
- It can effectively remove oil, grease, and other dirt that harbor microorganisms.
- Studies have proven warm water is more effective than cold water in killing microorganisms.
What Should You Not Do When Washing Hands?
I have severe sneezing and running nose. Please help me out of this.
How can I improve my immunity against pneumonia?
I have fever, rash, stomach pain and other symptoms. How to diagnose the problem?
How to know whether your breast milk is sufficient for the baby?
Can my 3 year old son lead a normal life after sepsis?
Most popular articles
Do you have a question on
*guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Disclaimer: Wellness medicine is not aimed to replace the services of your treating physician or allopathy medicines. Our site's information is to those who are willing to take responsibility for their health, being fully aware that the content published herein would not qualify as a prescription or specific medical advice. If users use the information and stop prescribed medication without their physician's consent, they bear full responsibility for their actions, and iCliniq-Wellness bears no responsibility for the same. Information on Wellness medicine should not be misinterpreted as a cure for any illness, as our body is complex and everyone reacts differently.