What can be done for torn rectus femoris from AIIS?

Q. What can be done for torn rectus femoris from AIIS?

Answered by
Sreenivasa Rao
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 18, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jun 28, 2023

Hello doctor,

I have a torn rectus femoris from AIIS as well as significant anterior and lateral heterotrophic ossification for past year. The soreness in the area of the tear has increased and I have noticed a frequent amount of vibrations in my leg muscles as well as soreness in my muscles too.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

I read your concern. As you tried with conservative management and still have not much improvement, I suggest you try an orthopedic surgeon's opinion on the reattachment of rectus femoris surgically. Keep working on your glute and hamstring strength and core stability exercises. I would recommend you not to indulge in any activity like kicking and running (I know you will not do as pain limits the movements). Do not do any kind of activity that requires you to exert your quadriceps too much as this may worsen the situation. This includes a certain position of the leg as well. Fix up an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon as soon as possible and get evaluated and surgically fixed. Until then keep icing it to avoid pain and spasm which will help you to maintain your current situation and prevents it from worsening.

For more information consult a physiotherapist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/physiotherapist

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
For AC joint surgery, should I get autograft or allograft?

.. sorry to hear about your injury. The good news is that there are many modalities available for AC joint injuries (acromioclavicular joint), which are showing promising results. Type five injuries constitute tears of the two important ligaments in the s   Read full

Why am I having pain in penis after masturbating?

.. is no external injury as well as internal injury (normal passage of urine) I feel the problem is with muscle damage rather than anything. The simple muscle injury can be dealt with analgesics such as Ibuprofen 400 to 800 mg to be taken two to three tim   Read full

How long should I wait for a sports injury to heal?

.. for providing a brief history. As you had this injury persisting from 2 years now, I will advise getting a proper examination with the physiotherapist you been seeing for now and provide me the reports.   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

Also Read

Improving the Health and Wellbeing of People Living With Neglected Tropical Diseases
Neglected tropical diseases can be efficiently treated with various cross-sectoral public health interventions to improve people's well-being. Read to know more.  Read more»
Holi Colors - Are They Safe?
Holi is known as the festival of colors. But are the colors worth playing with? Let us find out.  Read more»
Methods to Increase Breast Milk Production
Several measures can help mothers in increasing their breast milk production. Find out the correct way to breastfeed through this article.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a Wellness Expert online?

Ask a Physiotherapist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.