Can chiropractic care cure my mild chronic mood disorder and misaligned neck?

Q. How does chiropractic care cure mild chronic mood disorder and misaligned neck?

Answered by
James F. Geiselman
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 27, 2023 and last reviewed on: Jun 28, 2023

Hi doctor,

I have been suffering from a mild but chronic mood disorder. It is hard to explain but the bottom line is I do not feel right or like myself. Lately, I have been researching chiropractic care and how it can help with anxiety and depression. I remember hurting my neck around the time and I felt the dark cloud come in. The problem is that I do not remember if it happened before or after. I have read that a misalignment can sometimes be a cause. Is this true? Are there specific chiropractic adjustments that help with mood disorders? Are all chiropractors the same? I also want to add that I hear sand grinding sound when I turn or roll my head. Thank you.



Welcome to

Let me begin by saying that not all chiropractors are the same. That is like asking are all dentists or all medical doctors are the same. In regard to your specific questions, I am sorry you are experiencing these symptoms. I believe chiropractic care is a great treatment for almost anything. It is a conservative approach and if it does not work, you can always find more invasive ways of treating something. With that being said, in your case, I believe the sand and headache when moving forward may have to do with the inner ear. Certainly, a chiropractic adjustment is still warranted, but have you tried any exercises or anything? Without doing an evaluation, I am hesitant to offer any sort of diagnosis, but on my differential list, I would include benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. If this is indeed the diagnosis, epley’s maneuver may help. I recommend seeing a local chiropractor for appropriate evaluation and care. All the best.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
After a month of head injury due to accident, I lost my taste and smell sensation. Is this permanent?

.. explaining in detail regarding the problem in concern. Loss of smell post head injury is mostly due to damage to the olfactory region due to trauma. As a result, the uptake of odor molecules and their effective transmission to the brain will be hampere   Read full

Cariprazine - Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, and Drug Warnings.

Overview Cariprazine is an antipsychotic drug used to treat schizophrenia and manic or mixed episodes in adults with bipolar disorder type 1 ...   Read full

Will stopping psychiatric medications change the behavior?

Hello doctor, I am 21 and was diagnosed with unspecified mood disorder when I was about 8 for constantly getting angry at my parents, but I behaved well at school and other places outside the house ..   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

Also Read

Improving the Health and Wellbeing of People Living With Neglected Tropical Diseases
Neglected tropical diseases can be efficiently treated with various cross-sectoral public health interventions to improve people's well-being. Read to know more.  Read more»
Holi Colors - Are They Safe?
Holi is known as the festival of colors. But are the colors worth playing with? Let us find out.  Read more»
Methods to Increase Breast Milk Production
Several measures can help mothers in increasing their breast milk production. Find out the correct way to breastfeed through this article.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a Wellness Expert online?

Ask a Chiropractor Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.