I am 30 years old, male. I am suffering from two problems mainly which I often noticed. One is I forget always names of person, place, etc., while talking with someone. However, I have remembered a lot of things of pasts but while talking about it, I often forget the names especially.
The second problem which I used to face is the confidence problem. As my nature, I want to do any work either perfectly or do not do it. When I start to proceed for something, it can be anything like going from anywhere, studying, traveling, working, etc., my mind happens very unconfident for self-preparation and I do check my pockets in my pant that is anything here? When I find nothing is in my pocket, but I check again the same and I am irritated. After many times doing the same known thing (checking my pockets), I check it again and again and I am finally unable to make my mind understand that I have not had anything in my pocket. So, you may have understood my problem. Please suggest me what should I do.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
Do not worry, I have understood your problem. Let me talk about the second problem first, because it needs to be solved as a priority. Your repetitive thoughts and behaviors seem to be of an obsessive-compulsive type. That is why you are aware that you are getting useless thoughts but you are unable to stop them. And that gives you a lot of stress and even guilt and self-doubts.
These thoughts occupy most of your mind and energy, and that is why you are having difficulty to remember routine things. The reason why your old memory is intact is the problem is not in the memory part of your brain. The problem is:
1. Because of constant unwanted thoughts, your attention and focus in not good. That is why your brain is facing problems in registering and recalling information. There is no problem with the storage function.
2. Because of constant stress, your mind is not able to feel relaxed and fresh properly. That is why it is not being able to manage other functions properly.
So, for these problems, I would request the following treatments.
1. Relaxation techniques: There are various relaxation exercises available. Progressive muscle relaxation is easy and effective. You can also try Sudarshan kriya or meditation.
2. Behavior therapy: Therapy of systematic desensitization helps a lot with this problem.
3. Medicines: Medicines are very effective in treating the part of the brain that is producing unwanted thoughts repeatedly and producing thoughts.
It is not possible to teach the therapies through messages. It can happen through a phone call or meeting. You can decide about therapies and write me back in three days.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
My mother is suffering from schizophrenia and is on 1 mg Risperidone ... My mother has chronic schizophrenia, for which she is having medicines for last 15 years after the death of my father ...... Read fullWhat can be done for forgetfulness and low confidence?
.. worry, I have understood your problem. Let me talk about the second problem first, because it needs to be solved as a priority. Your repetitive thoughts and behaviors seem to be of an obsessive-compulsive type. That is why you are aware that you a... Read fullAm I having brain fog, confusion, and forgetfulness due to alcohol drinking?
.. not be appropriate to tell you without proper examination what exactly you might have. But yes, frequent alcohol drinkers may suffer from vitamin deficiencies (B1, B12, B6), which leads to neurological manifestation and serious consequences in the... Read full
Ask your health query to a Wellness Expert online?Ask a Psychologist Counsellor Now