I am a 30-year-old, male suffering from two problems, which I often noticed. One is I forget always the names of persons, places, etc. while talking with someone. However, I have remembered a lot of things from the past but while talking about it, I often forget the names especially. The second problem which I used to face is the confidence problem. As my nature, I want to do any work either perfectly or not do it. When I start to proceed with something, it can be anything like going from anywhere, studying, traveling, working, etc., my mind happens very unconfident for self-preparation and I do check my pockets in my pant that is anything here. When I find nothing in my pocket, I check again the same and I am irritated. After many times doing the same known thing (checking my pockets), I check it again and again and I am finally unable to make my mind understand that I have not had anything in my pocket. So, you may have understood my problem. Please suggest to me what should I do.
Do not worry, I have understood your problem. Let me talk about the second problem first, because it needs to be solved as a priority. Your repetitive thoughts and behaviors seem to be of an obsessive-compulsive type. That is why you are aware that you are getting useless thoughts but you are unable to stop them. And that gives you a lot of stress and even guilt and self-doubts. These thoughts occupy most of your mind and energy, and that is why you are having difficulty remembering routine things. The reason why your old memory is intact is the problem is not in the memory part of your brain. The problem is:
1. Because of constant unwanted thoughts, your attention and focus are not good. That is why your brain is facing problems in registering and recalling information. There is no problem with the storage function.
2. Because of constant stress, your mind is not able to feel relaxed and fresh properly. That is why it is not being able to manage other functions properly. So, for these problems, I would request the following treatments.
1. Relaxation techniques: There are various relaxation exercises available. Progressive muscle relaxation is easy and effective. You can also try Sudarshan Kriya or meditation.
2. Behavior therapy: Therapy of systematic desensitization helps a lot with this problem.
3. Medicines: Medicines are very effective in treating the part of the brain that is producing unwanted thoughts repeatedly and producing thoughts.
It is not possible to teach the therapies through messages. It can happen through a phone call or meeting. You can decide about therapies and write me back in three days.
Was this answer helpful?
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
My mother is suffering from schizophrenia and is on 1 mg Risperidone ... My mother has chronic schizophrenia, for which she is having medicines for last 15 years after the death of my father ... Read full
.. worry, I have understood your problem. Let me talk about the second problem first, because it needs to be solved as a priority. Your repetitive thoughts and behaviors seem to be of an obsessive-compulsive type. Read full
.. not be appropriate to tell you without proper examination what exactly you might have. But yes, frequent alcohol drinkers may suffer from vitamin deficiencies (B1, B12, B6), which leads to neurological manifestation and serious consequences in the long Read full
Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.