My child is 5-year-old and takes off every kind of clothes and fabric, including underwear, sleeps naked, walks naked around the house, does not wear a coat in winter, and has mild ASD. Kindly help.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
I have read your query.
1. An autistic child could be particularly sensitive to rough tags and seams.
2. Too-tight waistbands or clothing may cause them to react.
3. Clothing that is overly loose and prone to slipping off could make them respond.
4. They can be exhibiting an allergic reaction-related itch.
5. A brand-new item of clothes or a fabric pattern could upset them.
How to prevent it?
1. Keep fasteners out of your child's reach by placing them at the rear.
2. Wearing layers will make it more difficult for your toddler to undress fully.
3. Purchase footed clothing, such as onesies or pajamas, and put them on backward.
4. A safety pin can prevent a zipper from being opened.
5. Swap out snaps for more intricate closures like hook-and-eye fasteners.
Do's and Don't in ASD (autism spectrum disorder) child:
ASD (autism spectrum disorder).Investigations to be done:
ASD (autism spectrum disorder).Treatment plan:
By figuring out what makes an autistic child uncomfortable, you can encourage them to keep their clothes on.
Using a reward system, you can encourage the youngster to keep their clothes on.
Some parents point out their children's peer behavior or reinforce good behavior via visuals or books.
If you have any doubts, kindly update me.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
Hi doctor, Recently, we came to know that my mother has a congenital heart disease (moderate OS ASD with left to right shunt) at the age of 46 ... Read fullUnderstanding Autism
.. the fastest-growing developmental disabilities in the world, yet many people are still unaware of what it is like and how we can learn more about it. Read the article to know more about this disorder .. ... Read fullHow likely is that OS ASD will cure on its own in a baby?
Heart defect may lead to a recurrent chest infection and breathing problem ... Read full
Ask your health query to a Wellness Expert online?Ask an Occupational Therapy Now