Q. Tight vagina is making penetration difficult. Please suggest a solution.

Answered by
Parth Singh
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 25, 2019

Hi doctor,

I am a male, 28 years of age, recently married to a girl of 23 years of age. During first time sex with her, I was not able to insert my penis into her vagina. Her vagina is in closed very tight condition. I tried to insert my fingers also but could not make it. Even I tried foreplay. Can you tell me the solution for it?



Welcome to

It is really frustrating for a young married man and the couple to not be able to consummate the marriage and have satisfying sex. There are a few possibilities you might consider in your case.

Vaginismus is a condition in which there is an involuntary spasm of pelvic muscles which make penetration almost impossible. It can be treated by relaxing the woman, supporting her emotionally and starting the sexual act by using a very thin dilator during foreplay. You need to keep on increasing the dilator thickness or may use your fingers until the spasmodic contraction of pelvic muscles is gone. Then you may start penetrating with your penis with lots of lubricants. Reassuring the partner and involving her fully in the effort is the key. Look for any structural defect in the vagina if any. Sometimes, even normal women have a very small aperture or opening due to the thick and intact hymen. just try with lots of lubrication and loads of foreplay.

Was this answer helpful?

1 out of 2 likes

Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Why is there incomplete penetration with pain?

If pain is the problem, check for vaginal infection, vaginismus ... If pleasure is the issue, few females respond only to vaginal massage or masturbation, not to pen...   Read full

Is it dangerous to have sexual intercourse with a heart problem?

Hello doctor, I am a 38-year-old female. I have knee pain in both knees out of injury-induced, and earlier I had knee osteoarthritis as by the X-ray report. How do I improve?   Read full

As I am getting pain in vagina, we are not able to have sex. Please help.

Hello doctor, I am a 38-year-old female. I have knee pain in both knees out of injury-induced, and earlier I had knee osteoarthritis as by the X-ray report. How do I improve?   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

Also Read

Sporting Events During the Pandemic
If you are into any sporting event and plan a trip to an outdoor or indoor stadium, or you are an organizer or an athlet...  Read more»
My dad suffers from constipation, buzzing in ears, anxiety, and insomnia. Please help.
Hello doctor, My dad is 64 years old and suffers from severe constipation, anxiety, numbness in his arms but only dur...  Read more»
What is the normal level of carbon monoxide in the body after a leak?
Hi doctor, Recently been concerned about a carbon monoxide leak in my pick-up. Recently after a 3-hour interstate drive...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a Wellness Expert online?

Ask a Sexologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.