Q. Can PCOD cause problems in getting pregnant?

Answered by
Dr. Arul Amuthan
and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 24, 2019

Hi doctor,

We have been married for 9 years but yet to conceive. I have PCOD but my husband's sperm count are good. Have gone through 3 IUI cycle. Kindly help.



Welcome to

Take Aloes compounds tablet - 2 morning, and 2 night. Vaan kumari legium - 1 gm (1 spoon), three times daily. Casule siddhadhi ennai - 7 capsules together during second or third day of periods starting. Take at 6 AM, drink only warm water untill three diarrhoea. Then consume lemon salt juice, tender coconut water and buttermilk, these are unlimited. Lunch and dinner is curd rice. No breakfast. This day take rest in home. Continue this therapy for three months. By the time you can try for conception during 14, 15 days. Daily consume ulunthu kazhi at evening time or morning time. These will make higher chances of pregnancy by natural or IUI. Your husband may consume rathina purush capsule daily one night, till pregnancy is confirmed. Maximum try these above methods for 6 months. If pregnancy is not successful, then go for IVF.

Hi doctor,

Thank you for the reply, I have not conceived even a single time, we are very upset, even had 2 eggs during my IUI cycle but no success. Will follow your advice. Are my overian cyst causing infertility? Will kalarchikai help?



Welcome back to

If the periods are regular, then Kalarchi kai is not required. If not regular, you can take it along with other suggested drugs by me. Many patients are there with failure in conception despite all laboratory reports being normal. So, in your case, no need to blame the polycysts, provided you have at least one matured ovum every month. If matured ovum is not healthy, that also produce failure of conception. There are lots of many other factors involved, psychology, stress, confidence, etc. So, be positive and hope. Just try for six months using siddha medicines. If successful, fine. Or after 6 months, go for IVF. I suggest IVF considering your age.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Counseling for Newlyweds

.. you have a problem to seek marriage counseling. Counseling can help newlyweds with their communication skills, sexual relationship, and much more .. ...   Read full

Where should I insert my penis during intercourse?

.. your query and understand your concerns. The vaginal opening is located at the junction of the upper two thirds and the lower one third between the two soft skins and there you need to insert the penis while having intercourse. Position matters b...   Read full

I have PCOD problem. How to find out the ovulation time?

.. have got PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease), it is very difficult to say the dominant follicle in your case. Usually, it is the dominant follicle that releases the ovum on day 14th of your cycle. As per your scan, it seems that all the things are n...   Read full


Also Read Answers From:

Also Read

Benefits of Sudarshan Kriya Breathing Technique
Sudarshan Kriya is a type of breathing exercise that connects the mind with the body through breathing. Consult a specia...  Read more»
Health Benefits of Meditation
Anxiety, low self-esteem, and depression are the major problem these days. Meditation can be a solution to all these pro...  Read more»
Sporting Events During the Pandemic
If you are into any sporting event and plan a trip to an outdoor or indoor stadium, or you are an organizer or an athlet...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a Wellness Expert online?

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.