Recently, I found out that I have a cyst in my right ovary of 2 * 2 cm size, which is growing further, and my left ovary is completely normal. Also, my blood test report showed that my prolactin level is 33.40 ng/mL, which is high. I took medicines tablet Cabergoline for 12 weeks as prescribed, after which my prolactin level has become 0.43 ng/mL. I am also taking tablet Letrozole, tablet Ovisterone SR, tablet Ecosprin - 75. I already have a naturally conceived healthy baby and have been trying to conceive for a few months now, after taking an FSH injection for conception, but it is not happening. I usually have a regular period, but my period flow has become too low after taking hormone tablets. Also, I am taking Kalarchikai Chooranam for the cyst. Please suggest what should be done for natural conception.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
I suggest you reserve the next four to five months for siddha treatment and then try conception, as it will be effective that way. Ovum gets released from a different ovary each month, so it is better if you try conception when your left ovary releases the ovum. Also, abnormal prolactin levels hinder successful pregnancy. I suggest you take the medicines and dietary supplements I have mentioned below;
1) Mix kazharchi kaai (fever nut) seed powder 300 gms, pepper powder 30 gms, and dried asafoetida 30 gms together and store it in a bottle, consume half spoon (around one gram) of the mixture with honey or water in the morning and evening every day. It is slightly bitter in taste and can be taken just before consuming food or after food.
2) Capsule Nandhi Mezhugu, one capsule in the morning and night after food.
3) Capsule Siddhadhi Ennai, one capsule daily at bedtime.
4) Tablet Aloes compound (Alarsin), two tablets in the morning and at night after food.
Consume all the above medicines for the next two months. When on your periods stop the medications for three days and restart from the fourth day. After three months, take a USG (ultrasonography) to find the status of the cyst after which you can try getting pregnant.
Also, I suggest you follow the below-mentioned dietary practice to strengthen your uterus and for a successful pregnancy.
1) Prepare ulunthu kali (sweet black lentil porridge) and eat it as a snack in the morning or evening during the first half of the menstrual cycle (from the 4th day of bleeding to the 14th day).
2) Prepare venthaya kali (fenugreek porridge) and eat it as a snack in the morning or evening during the second half of the cycle (from 15th day to 28th day).
3) During the first to third bleeding days, stop the above two recipes and consume ellu laddu (sesame balls) once a day.
I hope this helps.
Thank you for the reply.
Please give your opinion on why my prolactin level is high even though I am not feeding?
Welcome back to icliniq.com.
There are many reasons for elevated prolactin levels. In the body, there is a feedback mechanism that controls prolactin release. There is no prolactin production in normal women. But, prolactin will be released without control when the routine endocrine feedback inhibitory mechanism (a mechanism that regulates hormonal release in the body) is disrupted by food, drugs, psychological issues, and other endocrinal issues. Once the prolactin level is high, the body system is turned to the lactating phase, and all other hormones are altered accordingly; this makes the situation unfavorable for the subsequent pregnancy. So, the endocrine feedback mechanism needs to be regularized to normalize the prolactin levels.
I hope this helps.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
.. pregnancy ,conception are more common in women that have been trying to conceive for long time and remained unsuccessful or had bad obstetric history like multiple miscarriages, intrauterine fetal deaths, still births, newborn baby 's death or ... Read fullDoes lack of periods due to high prolactin level damage general health?
.. points out that you had early menopause, which occurs in 5 to 10 percent of women at age less than 40 years of age. And yes it has adverse effects same just like menopause in another woman at the usual age. So you must consult your local doctor an... Read fullIs it fine to have high prolactin levelprolacti?
.. rid you of your worries, I should let you know the usual level of prolactin in different conditions. The upper limit of normal for many assays of serum prolactin is approximately 500 mIU/L (24 ng/mL). In non-pregnant and non-lactating patients, mo... Read full
Ask your health query to a Wellness Expert online?Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now