HomeAnswersFitness ExpertobesityI am 5 feet tall, weigh 80 kgs, and unable to lose weight. Kindly suggest to me ways to reduce the extra weight.

Can you please help me sort out my weight issue and suggest proper guidance?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At July 3, 2022
Reviewed AtSeptember 27, 2023

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I am obese, and my height is 5 ft. I weigh about 176.37 lbs. I have a work lifestyle of sitting, and my daily intake is 1800 calories with a low-fat diet with fruits. Can you please help me sort out my health issue and suggest proper guidance and plan?

Thank you.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I can understand your concern.

It can happen gradually by maintaining calorie intake and expenditure. Try to decrease calorie intake and increase energy expenditure. You can reduce calorie intake by taking more fibers in your diet and protein-rich food. Consume more water in the morning. Avoid non-veg and junk food. Avoid sugar and maida. Do lots of aerobic exercises like walking, jogging, cycling, and swimming, in the morning and evening for at least two hours. Concentrating on belly exercises will surely reduce weight.

Thank you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Jani Hemang Sudhakarbhai
Jani Hemang Sudhakarbhai


Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Read answers about:

how to lose weightobesity

Ask your health query to a Wellness Expert online

Fitness Expert

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy