Please suggest some exercises to get rid of neck pain in the nape. I continuously sit and work on the system nine hours a day and have had this bad ache for a month. Please help.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
I read your query and understand your concern.
A. I suggest you perform the following steps for forward and backward tilt-
1. This can be done while you are seated or standing on your feet. Keep your moves slow and smooth.
2. Start with your head squarely over your shoulders and your back straight.
3. Lower your chin toward your chest and hold for 15 seconds to 30 seconds. Then, relax, and slowly lift your head back up.
4. Tilt your chin up toward the ceiling and bring the base of your skull toward your back. Hold for 10 seconds, then return to the start position.
5. Repeat the set several times. Do it every day
B. I suggest you perform the following steps for side tilt-
1. This can be done while standing, with your feet hip-width apart and arms down by your sides.
2. Gently tilt your head toward your right shoulder and touch it with your ear. Stop when you feel the stretch.
3. Do not raise your shoulder.
4. Hold the stretch for 5-10 seconds, then return to the start position.
5. Repeat on your left side. Again, you can do several sets and work up to 10 repetitions.
6. For extra stretch, put the hand on the same side of your tilted head on top of your head and press lightly with your fingertips.
C. I suggest you perform the following steps for side rotation-
1. You can do this while seated or standing.
2. Keep your head squarely over your shoulders and your back straight.
3. Slowly turn your head to the right until you feel a stretch in the side of your neck and shoulder.
4. Hold the stretch for 15 seconds to 30 seconds, and then slowly turn your head forward again.
5. Repeat on your left side. Do up to 10 sets.
D. I suggest you perform the following steps for shoulder roll-
1. This is best done standing up.
2. Raise your shoulders straight up and move them in a circle going forward. Do it six times.
3. Return to the start position, and make another six circles, going backward.
Apart from these exercises, you need to maintain proper posture while sitting for long hours or using a screen.
You can apply Diclofenac ointment in case of severe pain, and a hot pack will help reduce pain.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
How can I build my muscles back ... If you did exercises of the neck, then it cannot move the muscles on gluteus or back ... Read fullAfter getting neck pain, I have tingling and numbness in my legs. Is this normal?
.. gone through your query. Pinched nerve is different from pinched spinal cord. Compression of spinal cord can be suspected clinically and it is confirmed by doing MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) of the cervical spine. It is unlikely to have tingli... Read fullI am having swollen lymph node in my neck. Will it be painful after adjusting my neck?
I had sore on my neck more in the back left corner then the pain passed down to my left arm ... Could my lymph node be painful because they adjusted my neck or because my muscle was sore and irritated ...... Read full
Ask your health query to a Wellness Expert online?Ask a Physiotherapist Now