Welcome to icliniq.com.
You can take Levothyroxine with MAO (monoamine oxidase) inhibitor.
The list of contraindicated drugs is as follows.
- MDMA (3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine).
- Decongestants and allergy medications.
- Diet pills.
- Asthma inhalers.
- Certain antihypertensive medications.
- Sympathomimetic amines (direct and indirect acting) including pseudoephedrine and ephedrine.
MAO inhibitor after being stopped, show an increase of neural monoamine levels for 2 to 3 weeks.
Concomitant use of MAO inhibitor with Etizolam show side effects like sedation, dizziness, etc., but not fatal side effects are reported.
- Also, if you want to stop the use of any drug, taper down to three-fourth of its dose for five days, then consecutively to half of its dose for seven days. Then reduce it further to one-fourth dose for ten days.
- Meanwhile, do brisk walking or exercise daily for 20 minutes. That will cause the release of anti-stress hormone endorphins.
- Also, indulge yourself in learning something new that will also cause the release of serotonin. Use of perfumes also leads to increase epinephrine levels, that are the hormones responsible for mood elevation and sound sleep.
For more information consult a pharmacologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/pharmacologist