Difficulty In Walking

Difficulty walking or abnormal gait can be due to a simple localized sprain to a serious underlying neurologic disease. Some of the causes are osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis of leg or hip joint, fracture of the leg or hip, less flexible leg muscles, muscular dystrophy, local injury to the leg, pain due to overuse, obesity, vascular diseases, pinched nerve, spinal stenosis, multiple sclerosis, stroke, Parkinson's disease, other brain lesions, foot corn, ill-fitting shoes, diabetic foot, myopathies, etc. Medical correction of the underlying condition, along with physiotherapy, can help overcome the difficulty.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published on this website are written by verified Health and Wellness Experts and Therapists. The Content has been moderated by the iCliniq Content Review Team before publication. Post your health questions on iCliniq-Wellness by choosing the right Wellness Specialty and get them answered. Your queries will be answered 24/7 by top Wellness Experts from iCliniq-Wellness.

I have a broken fibula and want to switch from crutches to moon boots. What do you suggest?

Query: Hi doctor, I want to switch from crutches to moon boots after a broken fibula. I can walk with little pain. However, the gait is awkward, and I almost jump to my other foot. Should I continue using the boots or without crutches? It has been two weeks since the operation. I had my stitches removed ye...  Read Full »

Sreenivasa Rao

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. In my opinion, you can shuttle between your crutches and moon boot for a couple of days until you get accustomed to the moon boot. Then you can slowly wean off crutches. That will be a smooth transition and painless. Since you recently remov...  Read Full »

When my brother tries to move his legs using crutches, it deviates in the opposite direction. How to manage his condition?

Query: Hi doctor,My 20-year-old brother has been unable to walk since birth. When he tries to move his legs using crutches, it deviates in the opposite direction. How to manage his condition? Please help.  Read Full »

Mohammed Wajid

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.Your brother has weak legs due to a congenital disorder. Consult a physiotherapist for therapy. Ask him to do some exercises twice daily for three to four months to increase the blood flow. Your brother will start walking soon.   Read Full »

Please suggest a diet plan for my 58-year-old mother based on her reports.

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is aged 58 years, and at present, her physical activity is very, very less as she is unable to walk with herself, and all activities like going for rest toom, bathing, etc., are performed with the help of my father. She takes one to two roti with vegetables in the morning ar...  Read Full »

Subha Ranjini B

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think you have not attached all the files. The reports are not complete. Please attach the remaining pages of the report.  Read Full »

Why is there a difficulty in walking on left side in a brain stroke recovered patient?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31-year-old male, and my weight is 52 kilograms. I am a brain stroke recovered patient. My left side got paralyzed before two years. Now, I am doing all my movements independently. My blood pressure remains low in 100 by 70 mmHg. I face a problem while walking on the left side, in...  Read Full »

Sreenivasa Rao

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest you wear well-cushioned footwear made of MCR (microcellular rubber) material. It will help you to reduce the impact on the bone while walking and it reduces the pain. Keep yourself warm by wearing socks and avoid exposure to cold. Pain in cold temperature occu...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Wellness Expert Online

Choose a Specialty
* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.