iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersPsychologist/ Counselordifficulty in concentratingHow to tackle my concentration problem?

Is there any way to tackle my concentration problem?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Answered by

Lakhani Kiran

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At September 22, 2016
Reviewed AtDecember 28, 2023

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I am doing my second year of college. I am unable to concentrate on my studies during the exam. I am very tense. I am always overthinking situations. My parents stay abroad. I am capable of scoring good marks, but because of my fear, I cannot do anything. Is there any way to come out of this problem? Please help me.

Answered by Lakhani Kiran


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Yes, you can. At the start, let me tell you, you are not the only one who is facing this. Many of us go through such a phase and come out of it. So, do not worry and think about things that you like to do and give some time to them every day. This will give you a feeling of happiness. About the concentration, there are many ways to tackle it. I am listing down a few ways below and you can choose whichever you want to do. You can do more than one also. Set a timer for one hour and decide that you will finish a certain topic in that time. You should force yourself to sit for that much time and finish the task. Then, take a break of half an hour and repeat the same. Fix your eyes on a point a bit far from where you are sitting in a room and keep looking at it for five minutes. Do not worry if initially, you are unable to concentrate for 5 minutes at a stretch. Keep increasing the time gradually from one minute to five minutes. You can do this exercise two to three times a day. Remember that distractions will always be there. You need to focus on your goal to complete your degree with good scores. Reminding yourself of the goal will help you. All the best.

Thank you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Lakhani Kiran
Lakhani Kiran

Psychologist/ Counselor

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a Wellness Expert online

Psychologist/ Counselor

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy