Q. Kindly advise ayurveda treatment for uterine fibroid.

Answered by
Dr. Arul Amuthan
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 23, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 16, 2019

Hi doctor,

I have a fibroid of 9.6 × 6.9 cm. It is an intramural fibroid. I have heavy bleeding and back pain during my periods. I also have PCOS. I am taking Rasagandhi mezhugu. What medicine should I take along with Rasagandhi mezhugu for fibroid? Since the size of my fibroid is big, please give me some strong medicine to reduce the size of the fibroid. Also, because of this, my Hb level is low. My BP, sugar, cholesterol and thyroid are normal.



Welcome to

To stop the bleeding, I suggest the following:

Tablet Ashokadi vati - two in the morning after breakfast, two in the afternoon and two after dinner. Continue this till the bleeding stops.

If you do not get the above tablet, buy Ashoka pattai (bark) choorna. Take 1 g thrice a day. Another option is Ashokarishta, mix 30 mL with 60 mLof warm water and take three times in a day as mentioned above.

Aloes compounds two tablets in the morning and two tablets in the evening after food.

Banana flower, it can be prepared as a fry, or vada or kashaya. It is a good food to stop excess bleeding.

Jambu tree bark kashaya (50 g bark + 400 mL water to be boiled in mild flame to reduce it to 100 mL). This is at one time. Prepare three times in a day and drink it in empty stomach. It is also a good home remedy.

All these drugs to be continued until the uterine bleeding stops. Simultaneously, you can have tablet Chithiramoola kuligai or tablet Tumowin one tablet in the morning and one in the evening after food. Continue this for one month. Then, leave a gap of 10 days and again start for one month. Like this, continue for six months. It is a drug to reduce the size of fibroid and PCOD.

You continue Rasagandhi mezhugu for next six months.

To increase Hemoglobin take tablet Haemwin two tablets in the morning, post lunch and dinner. If you get some other iron based ayurveda tablets in your place, that is also fine. Continue the tablet until your Hb becomes normal.

Once your bleeding stopped, then you will be continuing the following drugs: Aloes compounds and Tablet Chithiramoola kuligai and Rasagandhi mezhugu. These are the three drugs for your fibroid and PCOD.

If you can collect tender leaves from pipal tree, take two leaves and grind to make a paste. Mix with cow milk or buttermilk and consume it. It has to be taken for two times a day. It can be continued for six months. It is the natural remedy for a healthy uterus.

For further information consult an ayurveda specialist online -->

Hi doctor,

Thank you so much for your answer. It is very clear. Which is stronger, chithiramoola kuligai or Kanchanar guggulu?



Welcome back to

  • Tablet Chithiramoola kuligai (or tablet Tumowin) is more strongest than Kanchanar guggulu. Thank you.

For further information consult an ayurveda specialist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Post fibroids operation there is gradual deterioration in health. What to do?

She had a fibroids operation seven years back ...   Read full

I have PCOD from the last 10 years. Please suggest a permanent cure.

.. that PCOD is not diagnosed by ultrasound.Kindly get thyroid profile, serum androsterone test, serum prolactin, serum testosterone, free androgen index, serum insulin, and fasting blood sugar test done.Start doing six sets of Surya Namaskar every d...   Read full

Suffering from PCOD and taking medicines from past 1 year but still it has not reduced

Hi doctor, Is it normal to poop and urinate often during implantation bleeding?   Read full


Also Read Answers From:

Also Read

Benefits of Sudarshan Kriya Breathing Technique
Sudarshan Kriya is a type of breathing exercise that connects the mind with the body through breathing. Consult a specia...  Read more»
Health Benefits of Meditation
Anxiety, low self-esteem, and depression are the major problem these days. Meditation can be a solution to all these pro...  Read more»
Sporting Events During the Pandemic
If you are into any sporting event and plan a trip to an outdoor or indoor stadium, or you are an organizer or an athlet...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a Wellness Expert online?

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.